OXFORD MUSIC THEATRE
What was it like for the men left to fight in 2014?
What was it like for those who came back? And the families of those who did not.
“King & Country"
A powerful music drama about World War 1
• Based on 1923 play ‘ The Conquering Hero’ by Allan Moorhouse and includes WW1 letters and poems
• Not celebratory or partisan - presents the actuality of war, with its tone summed up in the final number ‘Only War will win’.
• A proven piece first produced professionally in Brighton in 2014 to great acclaim
• Tuneful and dramatic score
• Performable with 6 Principals and small chorus (Total 12)
• Ideal for Community involvement at all levels including larger Chorus
• 2018 production planned